Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: GridValueAt Trouble - Cannot Seem to Grasp This Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bspencer1
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Nov 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote bspencer1 Replybullet Topic: GridValueAt Trouble - Cannot Seem to Grasp This
     Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 5:00am
Hello, everyone.  From time to time, I am asked to create a cross tab that has to make use of an embedded summary or calculated member.  Every time this happens, I seem to have trouble grasping how to accomplish what I want to accomplish.  In this case, I have three embedded summaries I am trying to create.  For the "Gross Overhead", I want to add up the four values above for each month.  For the Total Expenses, I want to add up everything above except gross overhead.  For the embedded column on the far right, I want to add up all the months per row..  As far as this particular cross tab goes, there is no rows, just columns and summarized fields (with labels).  Does anybody know how I can do this with the gridvalueat function? 
IP IP Logged
bspencer1
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Nov 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote bspencer1 Replybullet Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 11:26am
Well, I have figured out the "gross overhead" and "total expenses" embedded summaries.  To illustrate, the embedded summary formula for the "gross overhead" would be:
GridValueAt(CurrentRowIndex,CurrentColumnIndex,0) +
GridValueAt(CurrentRowIndex,CurrentColumnIndex,1) +
GridValueAt(CurrentRowIndex,CurrentColumnIndex,2) +
GridValueAt(CurrentRowIndex,CurrentColumnIndex,3)
 
Now I just need to figure out how to sum up the rows in the embedded column on the right.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum