Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Convert Crystal Report to SQL Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
thummel1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 140
Quote thummel1 Replybullet Topic: Convert Crystal Report to SQL
     Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 7:51am
Hi, I'm using Crystal 2008.
 
Wondering if there is an easy way to convert a Crystal report into a SQL Developer program? Or prehaps more simply put, how to convert my crystal syntax into SQL language that SQL Developer will understand? I've tried looking at the SQL in the "Show SQL Query" but that does not recognize my groups or my I have a Crystal report that works great, but it needs to be converted to language understood in sql Developer in order for it to work on another system called SmartNotes, which is part of our Lawson Business Intelligence system.
 
Thanks for your assistance!
"Press any key to continue. Where's the 'Any' Key?" ~Homer Simpson
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 7:27am
I am not sure I understand the bit about recognizing your groups. CR just uses a field from the dataset and performs grouping on it. It is more a function of how reporting engines work than anything else.

All you should need to do is convert the sql to whatever your backend supports to create a stored procedure (I am guessing). This mostly consists of removing large number of {} and " . Once it runs in you sql tool, you should be good to go.

HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum