Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Quotation Marks in CR Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
pmlopes
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote pmlopes Replybullet Topic: Quotation Marks in CR
     Posted: 10 Jan 2008 at 3:16am

Hi,

I have a TXT file witch is used to create a report.

In that file I have a few strings inserted among quotations marks signs.

When I run report, all the data after the first quotation mark isn't printed.

If I delete the quotations marks all the data is printed.

Is there anything I can do to print all the data without deleting the quotations marks.

 
test_file.txt = abcd efghij "klmn" opqrst
 
In this example what will be printed im the report is:
 
abcd efghij
 
The rest od the data will be lost
 

Thanks for your help,
Pedro

IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 10 Jan 2008 at 6:51am
Hi There,
 
Please replace the double quotes with Single Quote and it will work....
 
 
Please check
 

KBase Article ID:961124

Article refers to: BusinessObjects Desktop Intelligence XI BusinessObjects 5 BusinessObjects 6 BusinessObjects 6.1 BusinessObjects 6.5

Symptom

When you import a text file as an external data source and the text contains double quotes, the string will get cut off after the double quotes.

For example, this row in a text file:

900001|900002|2|13/12/2006|N|"IT" Solutions|heer Black|de heer|A. Black|James

Looks like this in a report:

900001|900002|2|13/12/2006|N|

Cause
This appears to be a limitation not a product defect.
Resolution
To work around this issue, replace the double quotes (") in the text file with two single quotes (') and import this into full client.

Document Type:

Knowledge Base Article

Product Major Version:

BusinessObjects Desktop Intelligence XI BusinessObjects 5 BusinessObjects 6 BusinessObjects 6.1 BusinessObjects 6.5

 
Thanks
Rahul
IP IP Logged
pmlopes
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Location: Portugal
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote pmlopes Replybullet Posted: 10 Jan 2008 at 7:32am

I was affraid that was the only solution.

Well I guest I have to teach my user a new language.

thanks for your help

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum