|
Sorry for not being a little more clear
This is what I currently have: McConnell Hall 659 109 also added this note on as well just to see what happens. Saturday, February 1, 2014 Saturday, February 1, 2014 McConnell Hall 659 109 Test Text can go here while the room is blocked off. Once the room is unblocked then this Note can be deleted. The Note can also be quite large. Saturday, February 1, 2014 Saturday, February 1, 2014 McConnell Hall 659 109 also added this note on as well just to see what happens. Sunday, February 2, 2014 Sunday, February 2, 2014 McConnell Hall 659 109 Test Text can go here while the room is blocked off. Once the room is unblocked then this Note can be deleted. The Note can also be quite large. Sunday, February 2, 2014 Sunday, February 2, 2014
If I could get to something like this:
Building_Name Building_Number Room_Number Notes Start_Date End_Date McConnell Hall 659 109 also added this note on as well just to see what happens. Saturday, February 1, 2014 Saturday, February 2, 2014 McConnell Hall 659 109 Test Text can go here while the room is blocked off. Once the room is unblocked then this Note can be deleted. The Note can also be quite large. Saturday, February 1, 2014 Saturday, February 2, 2014
I'm not trying to summarize on anything but wasn't sure of the best method for reducing the amount of data in a line of text so I thought if I could insert the Notes field in a Group Footer and then suppress the line detail but it doesn't work. I only get one line of text, from the Notes field, where 2 lines should exist. I'd also like to get the start and end date on the same line regardless of how many detail lines are brought back.
|
|
If I understand your requirements correctly, here's what I would do.
1. Assuming that your report is already grouped by Building and room, add an additional group on the start date.
2. Put your data in the date group header section. Suppress the details and date group footer.
Personally, I would also rearrange the columns so that the Notes column is on the far right, after Start_Date and End_Date. You should then size the height of the Notes field to be the same as the other fields in that section and then right-click on it and make sure that "Can Grow" is turned on. This will cause the field to grow in height if there is more in the note than will fit on one line.
-Dell
|