Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Fastest/most efficient way to use parameters? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
JCIuser
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Feb 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote JCIuser Replybullet Topic: Fastest/most efficient way to use parameters?
     Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 4:27am
Hello,
I have a question regarding parameter usage. Let's say I'm using a report with crystal reports 2011 with a OLE DB (ADO) connection and I'm using a command view.

If I want to use parameters in the report, will it be faster to create them via the select expert/selection formula or adding them directly using the 'Add Command' feature? I read in this article that if you're using a view, select expert/selection formula parameters will perform better. Does that sound right? Thanks in advance for any advice.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 5:37am
per Dell-
 
if you are using a command object use the param options inside the command.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum