Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: crosstab groupings Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
tjfriese
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote tjfriese Replybullet Topic: crosstab groupings
     Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 8:41am
I have a crosstab report that groups (columns) by gift type (cash, pay cash, gift in kind, stock, pledge, etc...).
 
However, I would like to regroup th gift types into different groups. I would like to set up a "Cash" group that would be made up of the following gift types: "Cash", "Pay-Cash", "Recurring Gift Pay-Cash" and then group the crosstab (columns) based on those newly defines types.
 
Is this possible, and if so, what is the best way to set this up?
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 12:28pm
you just need to create a group formula like
if somefield ="something" then "Cash" else
if somefield ="something else" then "Pay-Cash"
...etc
then just use this formula in crosstab.
IP IP Logged
tjfriese
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote tjfriese Replybullet Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 7:02am
This mostly works. I am able to get the appropriate groupings. However, how do I suppress the items that I have not put into my created groups? Currently anything that does not fall into an if statement goes into an unnamed column and is included in the total even though I have not given it a group.
 
Thanks for the help with this.
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 8:32am
create a filter in
report tab >>select expert >>record

not(somefield in["monthing","something else",..etc])
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum