where "Z:\Users\Riccardo\jpgs\" is the mapped drive to a server where the images are stored and CS11.PROD_NAME is the jpg name.
I created a formula called @picture ("Z:\Users\Riccardo\jpgs\" + Trim({CS11.PROD_NAME}) + ".jpg" then I inserted a picture (default.jpg), then I went into the conditional formatting (Format Graphic) dialog and chose the Picture Tab. There, I clicked the Graphic Location button and added @picture without any formula or if statement.
At this point, when I run the report I can see the default.jpg but not the correct image. Can anyone help me with the formula to use?
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 3:53pm
It displays the default graphic when it can't find/retrieve the file you specified. Have you tried putting this formula output as on the report to make sure that the full filename is formatted properly? Either that, or CR can't pull the data from your Z drive.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 4:01pm
Yes I did try and the full filename is formatted properly. I believe CR it's pulling data for it's able to pull the full path. This thing is driving me crazy
Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 10:57pm
i have tried by loading the image from the local drive. Its working fine. I would like to suggest you to copy some of images in your local drive instead of mapped drive and check if you can get the images correctly.
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 10 Jan 2008 at 12:36pm
You haven't downloaded the R2 upgrade yet? That is definitely worth a try.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Posted: 10 Jan 2008 at 4:40pm
I downloaded and installed SP4 but I cannot download R2 for CR Server is running R1.
Maybe the application that is using the report that I created with CR XI is running an earlier version of Crystal Viewer. I'm waiting for an answer from the software house.
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 4:25pm
The software house confirmed that the application is using CR 10 therefore the Dynamic Graphic Location is not supported.
I read something about embedding the images into binary fields within my db or writing an application that programmatically loads the images into memory and places them on the report.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum