Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Database expert shows Add command Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Uncle Emmett
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 Dec 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Uncle Emmett Replybullet Topic: Database expert shows Add command
     Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 5:54am
I am using Crystal Reports 2011. Working on an existing report and needed another table, Went to expert and all I see is Add Command on my Server. I check my ODBC connection, every thing looks correct. Check my connection from CR, it looks okay. Check the option settings on the Database.
Reloaded the CR 2011 and still no Tables.
Help!Angry
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 5:36am
is the report called from an application? It could be supplying the data.

Also, I typically will check the Database Location. This might point to a stored proc or a command maybe a connection that is driving the report. If the connection is ADO.Net, then in all likelihood, the report is having the data pushed to it, and it has no idea of the actual database that the data is coming from.

In all honesty, I have gotten to the point where I actually prefer this method, as long as you have an application to feed the data to the report.
IP IP Logged
Uncle Emmett
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 Dec 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Uncle Emmett Replybullet Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 6:46am
 Thanks for the info. We don't have any reports driven by SP.
 This is what I have found though;
 If you right click the database a drop down gives you options. I compared mine to the set up on another machine, I duplicated the option settings and wula la the tables appeared but I still can't see the the views. 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum