Joined: 16 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Total of running totals Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 6:40am
Hi! I have a single report that contains 4 columns:
Client Total Owing Owing 90-180 Days Owing 180+ days
The report is grouped by client and all we want to see is the totals per client. So there's 3 running totals in the group footer and the detail section is suppressed. The group footer also contains a condition that says, if the 90-180 and 180+ totals are both 0, to suppress the group footer (we only want to see anyone with amounts owing > 90 days). This all works fine.
Now I need to total these running totals. I can't base a running total on a running total and I can't do the same with a summary. So I created a running total based on the actual amounts but if a client doesn't owe anything over 90 days but does owe something < 90 days, it's included in this grand total. I can't add a condition to a running total from another running total either.
I tried a formula such as:
WhilePrintingRecords; CurrencyVar GTotal;
if {#Total90To180} <> 0 and {#Total180Plus} <> 0 then GTotal := GTotal + {Client.Amount}
...but again, I can't use a running total as a condition and it seems the variable is reset with every group iteration (it's always the amount of the last total, not the addition of all of them).
Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 7:31am
if you have something like
when the client got money date field and
you calculate owing day based on current date
you could try putting
datediff("dd", currentdate, recieveddate)>90
into report select expert.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum