Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Total of running totals Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
meshman
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote meshman Replybullet Topic: Total of running totals
     Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 6:40am
Hi!  I have a single report that contains 4 columns:

Client
Total Owing
Owing 90-180 Days
Owing 180+ days

The report is grouped by client and all we want to see is the totals per client.  So there's 3 running totals in the group footer and the detail section is suppressed.  The group footer also contains a condition that says, if the 90-180 and 180+ totals are both 0, to suppress the group footer (we only want to see anyone with amounts owing > 90 days).  This all works fine.

Now I need to total these running totals.  I can't base a running total on a running total and I can't do the same with a summary.  So I created a running total based on the actual amounts but if a client doesn't owe anything over 90 days but does owe something < 90 days, it's included in this grand total.  I can't add a condition to a running total from another running total either.

I tried a formula such as:

WhilePrintingRecords;
CurrencyVar GTotal;

if {#Total90To180} <> 0 and {#Total180Plus} <> 0 then
GTotal := GTotal + {Client.Amount}

...but again, I can't use a running total as a condition and it seems the variable is reset with every group iteration (it's always the amount of the last total, not the addition of all of them).

So how can I total up a series of running totals?

Any help much appreciated.

IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 7:31am
if you have something like
when the client got money date field and
you calculate owing day based on current date
you could try putting
datediff("dd", currentdate, recieveddate)>90
into report select expert.

IP IP Logged
meshman
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote meshman Replybullet Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 9:29am
That works, thanks!!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum