Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Export to Excel using Scheduled Task Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Vicki83
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Jan 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Vicki83 Replybullet Topic: Export to Excel using Scheduled Task
     Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 5:55am
Hi Everyone..
 
I have recently taken over some reports from a colleague who left.
 
Originally there were 2 reports that were set up to run as part of a daily scheduled task to output to a saved excel spreadsheet, this spreadsheet is then part of another job that extracts it to a website.
 
I have recently been tasked with adding 2 new reports to this same process.  I have done so, however when I compare my new reports to the old ones I notice that the columns are automatically expanded to show the data cleanly, however my output still has the columns bunched up and the spreadsheets are therefore not easily readable without manual manipulation.
 
I have tried everything to locate where the required setting is so that my reports work in the same way as the previous reports, but have not been successful.
 
Is anyone able to point me in the right direction? Or should I be looking for an option in excel instead?
 
Thanks in advance!
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 10:21am
I don't know. I have had mixed results with exporting from Crystal. Pretty much Crystal does what it wants when it exports, and I don't really know of any settings that would change it's behavior.

Sorry I can't be of more help
IP IP Logged
Vicki83
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Jan 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Vicki83 Replybullet Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 1:01am
Hello, I have really tried everything now - I have tried copying one of the spreadsheets that is working to use for my output, in a hope that this will confirm if it is using a setting in Excel, this has not had any effect so I can only assume that this is an Export setting in Crystal - but everything I have tried appears to make no difference - please can someone help?
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum