Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Group by Day of Week Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
lorimack
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 48
Quote lorimack Replybullet Topic: Group by Day of Week
     Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 7:47am
Hi i am running CR 2008.  I have a field called {lwmain.calldate}.  This fields shows up on my report as 3/1/13 or Monday, March 1st, 2013 or however I select it to show up in field editor.
 
I would like to make a group with only the days of the week.  I have dates all year long but I would only like 7 groups and have each group be one of the days of the week.
 
For example
 
MOnday - 25
Tuesday - 30
Wednesy - 79
 
I would like to know how many calls are tied to a specific date.  Can someone help me group by Day of Week not by the full date field?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 8:05am
use a formula field to change it to the day of the week and then group on that formula field
datepart('w',{lwmain.calldate})
 
Use this to display it by name
weekdayname(datepart('w',{lwmain.calldate}))
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum