Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Topic: selection expert for subreport Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 8:35am
In my subreport record selection expert I am asking to only include null values for a certain field. I cannot say "" (blank) or trim(thefield)="" because it does not work.
If I only leave the link in the subreport without this extra logic, I get all the dates that are in the subreport. "thefield" is a string version of a date. There are two fields with dates, If the second field is null, then I want that record. example ID#12345 in main report links to id#12345 in subreport, 2 date fiels firstdate seconddatefield 2013-07-11 2013-07-11 (dont pull this) 2013-08-31 NULL (Do select this)
I have tried turning on and off the default checkbox inside the formula editor.
here is what I have. isnull({vwDrugMissedDrop.StringDropDate}) and {vwDrugMissedDrop.j001_ID_Number} = {?Pm-vw_tasc2_refer.j001_ID_Number} the isnull part not working if i take that part out I get all the records with dates.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 5:07am
the first thing that comes to mind, since the syntax and the order seems correct, is that you might have the option to replace NULLs with the 'default' value. Off the top of my head, I don't know what the default value is for a date, which is probably why the trim and the empty string aren't working.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum