Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Record Select Formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bremen
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 28 May 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Quote bremen Replybullet Topic: Record Select Formula
     Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 4:48am
Good Morning All,

I would like to limit records in my report and I'm not sure of the best way to go about it. 

In my report I have when a job is started and when a job is ended. 

If the job is still open I want it to show on my report.  This is captured by the "ended" field being blank. 

If it has been ended then I only want to see what has been ended within the the past three days. 

So if table.ended is null or if table.ended isn't null only show the three days from system date. 
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 11:17am
isnull({table.ended})
or
datediff('d', -3, today) <= {table.ended}


should work...and i've been wrong before
IP IP Logged
bremen
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 28 May 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Quote bremen Replybullet Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 11:20am
I shall give it a try and let you know you how it comes out. 

If it works......  Thank you
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum