I have a few groups of reports that I scheduled on BI 4.0 SP4 server. All of the groups have either 2 or 3 reports chained together using events. Below is a description for the first group, but all groups are set up the same way - 1st rpt in group runs at a fixed time and set for weekly recurrence (M-F). Subsequent rpts in group triggered by previous rpt's ran event. I have not had a completely successful run since starting my schedule testing 2 days ago. Yesterday, I rescheduled them all but still had some reports not get executed. I do not see any indication of errors.
Group 1: Reports A, B and C
Report A is scheduled to run with Recurrence set to Weekly (M,T,W,T,F) at 9:30PM.
Upon successful execution, Report A should trigger Event [Rpt_A_Ran].
Report B is configured with Event [Rpt_A_Ran] as the event to trigger the report to run.
Upon successful execution, Report B should trigger Event [Rpt_B_Ran].
Report C is configured with Event [Rpt_B_Ran] as the event to trigger the report to run.
I am wondering if the event driven reports only ran the first time on the day they were first scheduled and need to be marked for recurrence.
Questions:
1. Does Recurrence need to be set for reports that are event driven? If so, what would I set it to.
2. Is there a way to view a reports current schedule information? When I select one of my event driven reports in the folder, and then right click on histroy, there is no Pending instance. I believe that when I select Schedule it would create a new instance. For the first report in each group, when I right click and select History, it shows the recurring scheduled instance.
I appreciate any comments,, questins, suggestions concerning scheduling reports and more specifically those that have dependencies on other reports running.
Edited by statey603 - 12 Dec 2013 at 4:47am