Topic: Select data based on row 1 Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 3:28am
I receive a file with results from a client on a daily basis. However, the headers in this file are different, based on the content in the file. I am trying to write a formula where it looks on the first row of the file (this contains the headers), and shows the rest based on these values.
For example:
The file could like this this:
Name;Address;Invoice_number;Amount;Paylink
John;Test address1;12345;10.00;http://www.test.ie
Or it could look like this:
Name;Address;Invoice_number;Amount;IBAN;BIC;Reference
Jane;Test address2;54321;10.00;IETESTIBAN;IETESTBIN;1234567
If I create a formula like if recordnumber=1 and {field1}=’Name’ then {field1} this only works for the headers. And I want every row, apart from row 1.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 5:11am
well, I am not sure what you want to do with the data...just display it...
You can probably make formulas to set variables so that each column has the correct heading. You can probably also use those variables for programmatic suppression, and maybe something for data manipulation...
Since I am not sure what you are looking to do, I would probably go with formulas in the report header to define the columns and associated values, then apply the values for the rest of the report.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum