Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crosstab with Specified Group not Calculating Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jwilliams
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Nov 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote jwilliams Replybullet Topic: Crosstab with Specified Group not Calculating
     Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 7:03am

I have been working on a cross tab report showing weekly patient visit counts for individual providers and their service line. 

I have been successful in getting the numbers acurate for the individual providers, however I cannot get the service line totals to come out right.  The numbers are only pulling form 1 provider in the specified group.
 
For the individual provider I had to create a running total and tried using that running total with the service line crosstab which doesn't work.
 
I'm fairly new with crystal and don't have much experience writing formulas.  I have written a few, but nothing to complex at this time.
 
Thanks for any help and suggestions,
Jen
 
 
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 7:55pm
Hi
 
Can you explain with a sample data example to understand better.
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
jwilliams
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Nov 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote jwilliams Replybullet Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 1:56am
We have 30+providers in our group.  In our LTC group there are five provideres.  When I run the report to show the provideres individual weekly visit counts the totals are correct. 
 
When I do a specific group within the Crosstab it only gives 1 providers weekly visit count vs all the providers total in the specified group. 
 
Example:
        Week    1          2               3                4                5
Provider 1    77        57             56               56              40
Provider 2   29         107           107             108            90
Provider 3   39         67               42              55             46
Provider 4   0            0               0                  0               0
Provider 5   0            0               0                  0               0
 
LTC Group  39           67             42                55             46
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 2:31am
Hi
 
In which section you have placed this corss tab ? how you are filtering to a specific group in cross tab?
 
Place the corss tab either report header or report footer and if you want to filter use record selection formula to limit the recrds.
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
jwilliams
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Nov 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote jwilliams Replybullet Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 2:36am
The cross tabs are all in the Report Header.  RHa, RHb, RHc, etc.
 
This report is in RHc. 
 
In the cross tab expert I select the actual provider field and click group options.  Once there I change the sort to "in specified order".  I then click on the Specified Order tab and create the groups.  Once the groups are created I click on the group header and click edit to select the providers I will to pull in to that group.


Edited by jwilliams - 26 Nov 2013 at 2:36am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum