Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 11:37am
of course lockwelle's stored proc (or command) option is more efficient as it can be done on the server side and before the data is pulled into the report.
Distinct group(worker) counts the distinct worker id, so for 300 abc, 400 xyz, and 900 mno you get a distinct count of 3. I don't think, I said that the distinct count was within a group but is for the entire record set.
Now the 99 of the myfield <> 99 is a characteristic of one of the 3 distinct counts. So depending on what count I get I want to suppress the group with the characteristic of 99.
I hope that I am not confusing. But, I think that I can put a conditional suppression on the group level to exclude the records I don't want, I'm going to try that.
I was not thinking group level does not work since there are other report group that will still have the values that I am trying to eliminate for the entire report.
has a group condition on it so that is why I assumed you were doing a dc per group not the report. I also have no idea what your datya set is so it is not making any logical sense to me what you are trying to do.
can you post some sample data and then explan how it is supposed to end up? Or maybe someone else understands what you are trying to do and will chime in...?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum