Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Group Name Missing Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jjcyeshua
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Quote jjcyeshua Replybullet Topic: Group Name Missing
     Posted: 04 Jan 2008 at 10:52am
Hi I was just wondering if anyone has encountered this kind of problem before. I created a group and at first the all of the group name are showing. but for some reason one of the data group name mysteriously disappeared. It has data and the name of the group is still listed on the left pane. So at least i know that the report acknowledge that the group still exist, except that the name is missing. I created a formula to force the name out, but it didn't work... help anyone... Thanks
IP IP Logged
Lugh
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Quote Lugh Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 4:23am
Do you have any kind of suppression on any of the relevant fields or sections?

If you add the grouped field to the detail records, does it display?

Is there anything unusual about this value, compared to the rest of the groups?  E.g., it starts with a number, it contains a character that is not a letter or number, it is the longest value.


IP IP Logged
jjcyeshua
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Quote jjcyeshua Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 1:54pm
I do have a suppression working, but its not related to the groupings. And yes it shows up when i added the grouped field to detail records, and there seems to be no unusual data showing up...  So basically the group name seems to be working under Group Footer and Detail, but not in Group header
IP IP Logged
Lugh
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Quote Lugh Replybullet Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 4:08am
I'm afraid that I'm at a total loss here.  My only suggestion would be to start deleting items from your group header and recreating them until you can narrow down the cause of the odd behavior.  I can't think of any common problem off-hand that would be causing this.


IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum