Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: subreport as column instead of new row Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Nigge
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Feb 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Nigge Replybullet Topic: subreport as column instead of new row
     Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 10:30pm
Iam working on a report where one column gets information from a different row in the same table
that column is called original task.

So each task has a column that refers to what task is the original task for the task...

The only way I found I can get information for this column is using a subreport.

But the use for this report is to export it as an XLS file, but for that to work I need the subreport to act as a column in the report.
I can only get it to be in a new row which doesnt work.

Any suggestions how I can solve this?

Best regards
/Niklas
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 4:57am
I don't know about the export aspect, but couldn't you create a subreport that is the size of a field? Wouldn't that work?

I know that i have had to use a subreport once to be just 1 field in a report. I know that it looked fine in the report, but I don't know/remember any issues about exporting.

HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum