Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Large Crosstab Report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
DJLeadfoot
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Sep 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote DJLeadfoot Replybullet Topic: Large Crosstab Report
     Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 3:43am
Hi there,
I've created a crosstab report and when the data is exported its less than 500k but the Crystal report, saved without data is about 28 Megabytes. Does anyone know why this would happen and if there's away to optimize the size. I'm already saving without the data.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 5:03am
can't say that I do...but just for an experiment, you could try recreating the report from scratch (I would think that there would be some cut and paste) and see if the report comes out to the same size.

It seems that sometimes CR gets confused...or is it me...and starting over seems to correct things.

If the report is not too involved, it's probably worth a try, as 28 Mb seems awfully large. Is there an image in the report? I remember one report being large because of the embedded image, even though the data was fairly small.

HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum