Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Cross Tab Column Headers For Excel Export Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
JennyB
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote JennyB Replybullet Topic: Cross Tab Column Headers For Excel Export
     Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 3:44am
Hi!

I think the answer to this is no, and it was asked before here - http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7125 - with no answers, which kind of confirms my theory..

I have a report which pulls customer data with products they've purchased, and multiple products mean multiple lines of data. I need to convert this into a single line for each supporter with the products in columns of their own, which I've done with a crosstab query. However this report is to be used for mail merging, so it's being exported to Excel. The crosstab doesn't have column headers so I've made my own with text boxes, but whenever the data is exported to excel these are on a line above the crosstab data, like this.

Customer             Address
                                               Product1          Product2
A                         XXXX                   X                      X

Is there any way to either make crosstab headers that would export correctly to Excel, in the same line as the crosstab column headers, or is there another way to convert my multiple lines of data for supporters with multiple products into a single line with the product field data pivotted so it's in the report rows?

Thanks in advance! :)
IP IP Logged
JennyB
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote JennyB Replybullet Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 1:13am
Hmm, I think there might be a way, you can pivot your data within the SQL query and this retains your column headers, however whether you can do this depends on your data repository, ours is an iSeries and DB2 can't handle it. Plus I suppose Crystal might get confused by the pivotted data's column headings coming from the command changing if they're not constant..
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum