Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Grouping on months Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Vince V
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Vince V Replybullet Topic: Grouping on months
     Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 3:00pm
Hi all - I've been using CR for some time and usually I can find solutions to problems by going on these forums.
 
However, I now have a problem that I can't seem to get my head around.
 
I have a report with formula's and running totals to calculate the headcount per month.  I've got 24 formulas and 24 running totals (1 for direct labour and one for indirect labour).
 
I want to show these formula's in a line chart or a stacked bar chart, but I can't refer to a datafield as a group as there is no datafield to sort on (the formulas are 'stand alone').
 
Not sure if I explained it correctly. If not, please let me know.
 
Thanks for any tips!
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 4:30am
Charting can be a issue especially with formulas.  First off if you have shared variables in the formula, CR will not let you select them.  I recently had a similar issue.  I found that you can pass information to a sub-report and display the charts there.  There is a good website with the info, but I do not have that information available in front of me.  You should be able to Google it.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 4:49am
The other option, of course, is a stored procedure. In the stored procedure, you could create/replicate all the formulas and running totals and then just return the values in a datatable that you could directly chart.

It is a thought, and I know that not everyone is proficient at SQL or even allowed to create stored procs...so it may not a plausible solution.

HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum