Thats my problem.
I have a list of "Characters" but I dont have any way to specify that they belong to a different group in the database.
I was hoping that there was some way that I can create a formula in the main reprot where I can maintain the specific list of characters (characters come and go) that is then passed on to the sub reports where I can use those lists as my parameters.
Im familiar with creating a parameter on the main report and linking the sup reports to that parameter, im just hoping there is some way that once that parameter is selected, it brings up the desired list of characters in the select expert.
Ive gotten close by using a Variable statement and having my list of characters in each sub report, then using the following formula in the select expert (TABLE.CHARACTER in split(
{@Character List}, ","))
But because I have multiple sub reports that use this same selection criteria, I would like to be able to only maintain the list of characters in the Main report and have them passed down to the sub reports.