Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Reports 2011 & Crystal enterprise 10 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
NeilD
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote NeilD Replybullet Topic: Crystal Reports 2011 & Crystal enterprise 10
     Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 3:05am
Hi,
 
I've developed a number of reports using Crystal Reports 2011 which include a couple of subreports to retrieve a field from an unlinked table - They work fine in CR2011, but when I deploy them to Crystal Enterprise 10, and set them to output as CSV files, the columns containing information that should have been retrieved from a subreport is missing. i.e. these columns are empty.
 
I know Crystal Enterprise 10 is a very old version of CE, but I wondered if anyone had any suggestions on how I can get round this problem as the data is fine when viewed in Crystal Reports 2011, where I developed them.
 
Thanks
Dot
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 3:02am
Hi
 
Hope CR2011 and CE10 are accessing same database.  Please verify datasource for both versions.
 
As you said sub report data is missing, check sub report datasource, is it is connecting to same database in CE10.
 
Do you have CR10 desiger ?  If so, open the report in CR10 and try to refresh and see whether sub report links are as it is.
 
Also go in file report options and check 'null values to default values' options.
 
 
 
 
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
NeilD
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote NeilD Replybullet Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 3:30am
Hi,
 
CR2011 & CE10 are both accessing the same database. Not sure what you mean by
"Do you have CR10 desiger ?  If so, open the report in CR10 and try to refresh and see whether sub report links are as it is."
as it Crsyatl Reports 2011 (full product) I'm using, plus don't understand the "see whether sub report links are as it is" refers to - The report works fine in CR2011.
 
Yes, already got the "Null Balues to Default" option checked.
 
To us it just seems like a Crystal Enterprise 10 issue not a CR2011 issue as report is fine in CR2011.
 
Thanks for your suggestions
Dot
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 4:04am
HI
 
I mean... CR10 Designer is nothing but Crystal Reports 10 designer (report developer)  This will allow you to create reports.
 
I suggested, open the report in Crystal Reports 10 designer and refresh and see if you are getting same values or not.
 
There is a change in query engine from CR10 to CR2011 may be you are right.. there could be CE10 problem
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
NeilD
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote NeilD Replybullet Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 5:41am
Hi,
 
Sorry I'm, confused now, as these reports were developed in Crystal Reports 2011, we have never used Crystal Reports 2010. Our solution for deploying the reports to allow users to schedule and view them is Crystal Enterprise 10, and that is where we think the issue lies as Crystal Enterprise 10 is an very old version of Crystal Enterprise.
 
Thanks,
 
Dot
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 7:00am
Crystal Enterprise 10, as you said, is old. Although much of the internal configuration of the .rpt file from Crystal 2011 is the same as from Crystal 10, there are some changes. I suspect that's what you're running into with this situation. Do you have a copy of Crystal 10 or 2008 that you could try to use to build the report? CE10 is not supported by Crystal 2011.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
NeilD
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 Aug 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote NeilD Replybullet Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 2:08am
Not sure if we still have a copy of CR10 or 2008, but if I find one I'll give this a go.
 
Sounds like CR2011 and CE10 is probably our problem - I believe we are considering upgrading CE10 but no timescales at present
 
Thanks for your help
Dot
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum