Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Server-Replacing report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Mika
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Mika Replybullet Topic: Crystal Server-Replacing report
     Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 12:07pm
Hi.
First time poster. Been working with Crystal off and on for many years but have for the first time set up Crystal Server for scheduling reports.

I am stuck thought with the update/replacement of reports in Crystal Server with new versions of the reports.
i.e. many of our reports have multiple schedules (running same report for different periods and with different parameter selections and have multiple outputs i.e. server/email etc) and it is a pain in the neck when I have updated the report to have to set up the schedules again for the new version.

Is there any way of just replacing the report file and keeping the schedules? Or is there some method of copying the schedules from one report to another?

THANKS
IP IP Logged
Traceyc
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 May 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Traceyc Replybullet Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 5:44pm
I logged this very issue with SAP for CS2011 and I found it in the release notes in patch 6.1. (ADAPT01687678) After applying the patch, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Also, if you save the report with an updated select statement, the filter on the recurring schedule doesn't update.

One workaround I have found is that if you use a publication of the report, you can edit and save the report without having to update the publication and the recurring schedule on the publication remains intact.


IP IP Logged
Mika
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Mika Replybullet Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 7:16pm
Thanks for the response Traceyc. Much appreciated.
Sound like the SP release notes may have some pertinent information but I'm having the darndest time trying to locate the doc. Are you able to give any pointer where on the SAP site I can find it or would you have the notes available so you can copy-paste what it says?
Sorry for being a pain.   
IP IP Logged
Mika
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Mika Replybullet Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 12:15pm
It looks as the mentioned SP is related to problem with updating report when saved directly to CS repository.
In this particular case the CR development machine is on a different network so reports have to be copied in manually. Furthermore even if it was on the same NW updates would not be done directly of the production report but as an upgrade of the report after completion of updating.

It however looks like I managed to solve the issue to a large degree by doing like this.
1) I manually copy over the report file stored in the CS repository. (file name is in properties of the local document)
2) I then "update" the local document so that by default the report in CS has got the correct filter etc.
This however doesn't update the schedules so I then
3) pasted in copy of the updated filter (record selection criteria) in each schedule.

Have to admit I've only run this ad-hoc and not yet tested the scheduling but at the face of it seems to be a solution and even if there is some manual updating, saves me from creating new schedules.


IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum