Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Format with Multiple Columns Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
MDooley13
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote MDooley13 Replybullet Topic: Format with Multiple Columns
     Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 11:32am
Hello everyone,
      I am currently working on a pre-generated report using XI. I have changed this report into a label format to fit a Dymo label printer and everything is working well. However, an extra blank label prints every time. The only thing I have not been able to change is in the Section Expert - Format with Multiple Columns. This item is selected and ghosted so I am unable to change it. I have tried everything I can think of and I continue to get the extra blank label printed. This is my last resort before I build something from scratch (extremely difficult in this case ). Please let me know if you have any insight on this issue.

Thank you,
Matt
Matt Dooley
Information Systems
West Texas Medical Associates
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 6:03am
Is it just 1 label for the whole report, or is an extra label every 'group'.

if just 1 per the run, is it at the front or end of the run?

do you have new page after anywhere, as that will force a new page at the end...and if each label is a page that would do it.

this can be suppressed by going into Section Expert, and clicking the X-1 button on the same line as New Page After and entering
Not OnLastRecord

HTH
IP IP Logged
MDooley13
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote MDooley13 Replybullet Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 6:12am
The label is used for specimens and is quite small. I have turned off the "New Page After". I also used the line you offered and it still seems as if it is adding a blank column to the report.
On preview the label is twice the size it should be so I believe the extra I am getting is from that. However, I am still stuck with the "Format with Multiple Columns" option that I cannot change.
Matt Dooley
Information Systems
West Texas Medical Associates
IP IP Logged
MDooley13
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote MDooley13 Replybullet Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 3:05am
Anyone have any insight on this? Any help would be amazing at this point.
Matt Dooley
Information Systems
West Texas Medical Associates
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum