Joined: 02 May 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Topic: How to access a list of records using a parameter Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 11:46pm
I have a sales report that I want the user to be able to access multiple ticket numbers by entering the ticket numbers as a parameter. (CR XI)the CR multiple value works but it's clunky at best - I'd like to have a single line entry where the ticket numbers can be entered in sequence, ie; 1,2,6,8
I'm guessing this is something that would require an array - any ideas on how to do this?
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 5:01am
well, actually, I have done this years ago, and there is a caveat...I used a stored procedure to transform the string into an table that I could join to.
Thinking of just staying in CR, you could use SPLIT() to turn the string to array of string. You could do this in the report header or the record selection...you could use a shared stringvar array to allow the reuse throughout the report.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 5:56am
you can't use the array to generate the query.
You can use the array in the Report/Selection Formulas/Record to filter out the records that fit or don't.
I would probably try to start with something like:
local stringvar array x := split({?param}, ",");
{table.field} in x
this would create a string array from the parameter, and then check that a field's value is in the array. If so, it would be included in the report, if not, it would be excluded.
If you pass it a stored proc, you would need to convert the string to a table to filter out the unwanted records.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum