Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crosstab inside group header Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jdwcar
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Oct 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote jdwcar Replybullet Topic: Crosstab inside group header
     Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 3:09am
I'm very new to Crystal reports, and I'm sure this is something I'm overlooking.

I'm using CR 2011.
I have a Crosstab that I'm placing in the Group Header

I need to force all Fiscal Periods to appear in Crosstab for each group. Currently it is producing the seperated group Crosstabs and creating a new BLANK group with the empty values of Periods that do not have any data.
The Fiscal Period is a seperate reference table I've left outer joined to force all periods to appear.
If I place the crosstab outside of the group header and place it in the report footer the crosstab results perfectly

Output in Group Header:

'      ' | Oct | Nov | Dec | Total
'      ' |     |     |     |


Surgery
              |Jul| Aug| Sep| Total
Admissions    |55 | 45 | 86 | 62
OR/PACU       |30 | 25 | 45 | 33
Nursing Unit |20 | 50 | 80 | 50

Output in Report Footer
              |Jul| Aug| Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec | Total|
Admissions    |55 | 45 | 86 |     |     |     | 62
OR/PACU       |30 | 25 | 45 |     |     |     | 33
Nursing Unit |20 | 50 | 80 |     |     |     | 50


IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 4:59am
probably it is one of those things that CR needs to read the data. In the group header, it hasn't read the data yet. In the group footer or below, it has already read the data so it will appear correctly.

It's a thought, as I don't use crosstabs too often, and have used them in group footers as a recap...

HTH
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 9:32am
from what i understood you need the report to display column header even if there is no data
you could use formulas instead of cross tab
formula for each month like
jan
if date in date(2013,1,1) to date(2013,1,31) then amount else 0
then create summaries like
sum(jan,group)
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum