Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Topic: Prompt in CR2008 Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 6:24am
Hi,
I have 2 columns from a table - User first name and user last name. Can any one please let me know how to combine first and last name and use it as a single prompt in crystal report?
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 11:18am
Create a formula where they are combined. Example: {First Name}+" "+{Last Name}
Create a Prompt and use in the select statement with your formula (select statement would look something like this). {?Prompt for Full Name} = {@Full Name}
Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 1:52am
Thanks kevlray.. I have created a formula combining first and last name. But, when I try to add the prompt it in the Select Expert, it is only allowing me to add Parameter Fields. However, I am unable to create a parameter that includes 2 fields.
I am a novice, so please excuse if it doesnt make any sense.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum