| Author |
Message |
jkrempien
Newbie
Joined: 16 Oct 2013
Location: Germany
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
|

Topic: Excel export with grouping Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 11:27pm |
|
Hi, I am new to this forum, so hopefully I get the correct sub-forum.
Now to my problem: I have a quite easy report with 80 columns. There is straight data in it. No aggregations, No counting, No sums, ...
This data will be exported to excel Report Format: Microsoft Excel (Data only)
Due to the high number of columns the excel file is quite confusing for the customers. They asked me, if they can have the Excel grouping function where you can hide and unhide columns.
No my question: Is there a excel export possibility where the excel file has this grouping functionality already enabled? If Crystal Reports do not have this, are there third party tools?
Technical setup: Crystal Reports 11 Scheduling Server: BusinessObjects Enterprise XI Release 2 InfoView
Many thanks for your help in advance.
Jörg
Edited by jkrempien - 16 Oct 2013 at 11:29pm
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
lockwelle
Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
|

Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 5:04am |
|
I don't know of any, but you could write a macro and just run in the output file...I believe that I did for some reports that I wrote years ago.
yeah, manual postprocessing, but it made the users happy.
It's an idea. I am sure that someone else has better solution.
|
IP Logged |
|
jkrempien
Newbie
Joined: 16 Oct 2013
Location: Germany
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
|

Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 5:37am |
|
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately is manual post processing, because of the high number of reports and the fact that the customers have a self service, no option. :-(
Edited by jkrempien - 17 Oct 2013 at 5:37am
|
IP Logged |
|
kostya1122
Senior Member
Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
|

Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 6:33am |
|
if you need to be able to hide and unhide columns.
you could create a parameter with discrete values like
"show all" "show only first 10"
then place it in each field to conditionally suppress based on the parameter.
(right click >>format field>>common>>x-2 next to suppress )
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|