Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Excel export with grouping Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jkrempien
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Oct 2013
Location: Germany
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote jkrempien Replybullet Topic: Excel export with grouping
     Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 11:27pm
Hi,
I am new to this forum, so hopefully I get the correct sub-forum.

Now to my problem:
I have a quite easy report with 80 columns.
There is straight data in it.
No aggregations, No counting, No sums, ...

This data will be exported to excel
Report Format: Microsoft Excel (Data only)

Due to the high number of columns the excel file is quite confusing for the customers.
They asked me, if they can have the Excel grouping function where you can hide and unhide columns.

No my question:
Is there a excel export possibility where the excel file has this grouping functionality already enabled?
If Crystal Reports do not have this, are there third party tools?

Technical setup:
Crystal Reports 11
Scheduling Server: BusinessObjects Enterprise XI Release 2 InfoView


Many thanks for your help in advance.

Jörg


Edited by jkrempien - 16 Oct 2013 at 11:29pm
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 5:04am
I don't know of any, but you could write a macro and just run in the output file...I believe that I did for some reports that I wrote years ago.

yeah, manual postprocessing, but it made the users happy.

It's an idea. I am sure that someone else has better solution.
IP IP Logged
jkrempien
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Oct 2013
Location: Germany
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote jkrempien Replybullet Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 5:37am
Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately is manual post processing, because of the high number of reports and the fact that the customers have a self service, no option.
:-(


Edited by jkrempien - 17 Oct 2013 at 5:37am
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 6:33am
if you need to be able to hide and unhide columns.
you could create a parameter with discrete values like
"show all" "show only first 10"
then place it in each field to conditionally suppress based on the parameter.
(right click >>format field>>common>>x-2 next to suppress )
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum