Hi, this is my first post, but I've spent a lot of time searching this forum for solutions and it has been a wealth of information for me. I really appreciate the level of technical knowledge displayed here.
I have a report that I have built that I am trying to add functionality to, in order to make it more useful for some of my employees. In this report, I'm pulling in "Jobs" by {jobnumber}. Each {jobnumber} consists of a parent child relationship tree of {assembly}, and each has a series of {operations}.
The top level of my report lists all of the current jobs scheduled to start by {operation} for a particular date range, so the people responsible for those areas can see the work they are scheduled to do in that time period.
What I would like to do, is indicate at that level, whether or not PREVIOUS operations in the tree have been completed, because if they have not, then although the work is scheduled to start, it's not available to work on until those operations have been completed.
I currently have a hyperlinked subreport that will break down by {jobnumber} every {assembly} and {operation} in the job, but it's time intensive to pour through every one to see it's level of completion.
I would like to pass a variable from that subreport, which would then allow me to highlight or otherwise conditionally format that line to indicate it is ready to be worked on.
Is that even possible with a hyperlinked report? Do I need an additional subreport that I can "hide" that solely exists to get that variable?
Have I even come close to explaining this thoroughly enough?