Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Default Value for Dynamic Prompt/Parameter Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
PPCrystalLogin
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 May 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote PPCrystalLogin Replybullet Topic: Default Value for Dynamic Prompt/Parameter
     Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 9:55am
Hello,

I have been searching around, and there's a trend, but my question is, is it possible to provide a default value for a dynamic prompt/parameter, specifically for a parameter where a user can select multiple values?

So for example, when a user runs a report, the prompt dialog will appear before the report is rendered.  In this prompt dialog, the dynamic parameter will allow a user to select multiple values, but atop the list is an *All selection.  This *All selection, as well as the other values for this dynamic parameter, is coming from a Command object where I am writing SQL selects in a UNION to return the values I want plus the *All.

I want the *All to the defaulted as the selected value in the prompt dialog.

Keep in mind I am using CR XI R2, and do no intend to use CRC or go to any server or service where the report will reside (it is just a plain Crystal Report on a network drive).

Any help will be greatly appreciated,
Thanks
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 11:52am
I don't think you can use default values with dynamic params in version XI.
you select will be
(param='*All' or
param=field)
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum