Topic: Copy outcome of Running Total in Header Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 2:21am
HI There!
I'm working an a report in which I have a Running total, which is working correctly in my groupfooter1. But I want te show this result in my Groupheader1. If I put the runningtotal in my header the outcome is wrong.
I already made a formula which converts the running total to text. And then another formula which only shows this ToText. But then I put it the header and in changes the running total (ofcourse)
Does anybody know how I can copy the outcome from this groupfooter in the header??
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 4:15am
Not a RT. the value is created at too late of a data pass to be moved to a header. You have to use a subreport or possibly alter the calculation to use formula fields that replace manipulate your original data then use aggregate functions on the fomrual fields. This may or may not work depending on the dataset and your calculations.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 4:50am
There is another way, but you're probably not going to like it...
Use a stored procedure to retrieve your data. Part of the dataset returned can be the result of the running total...otherwise, this is were I would use a subreport... I try not use subreport as a general rule.
Thank for your answers. Unfortunatly our data comes from a platform, wich forces me to not using subreporting, because that doesn't work with the platform.
I think I just have to make a different format of my report. By showing the results at the bottom instead of the header...
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum