Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: net of codes Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mrtj
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote mrtj Replybullet Topic: net of codes
     Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 7:53am
I have a crosstab to display the results of a survey.

example - Were  you satisified with the speaker's presentation
5) strongly agree
4) agree
3) neither agree nor disagree
2) disagree
1) strongly disagree.
I have in excel 10 rows - 1 row per respondent.
in the columns I have the answers to the questions.
so 1's 2's 3's 4's and 5's

i want to display 1 question per page.  the count of each as separate rows.
All is well for that. I use "count" not sum.

But I need "top 2 box" and bottom 2 box
4-5 are "top 2 box" agree/strongly agree
1-2 are bottom 2 box - disagree/strongly disagree

I played with calculated members, and get lost right off the bat.
First "insert row" puts that row under code 1, and I want it this way

4/5 top 2
5
4
3
2
1
1/2 bottom 2

Pluse learn how to count 4's and 5's into 1 line with "calculated member"
I suppose.
Thanks
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 9:18am
if i understood correctly
just create two formula
top
if table.field in [4, 5] then 1 else 0
bottom
if table.field in [1, 2] then 1 else 0

in crosstab where summarized fields place
first top formula then table.field then bottom formula
for top and bottom formulas use sum
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum