Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Reports altering database Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
smccomish
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Sep 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote smccomish Replybullet Topic: Reports altering database
     Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 7:27am
Is it possible for a report to CHANGE the information in a database. I have created a lot of reports and recently our database was corrupted (information disappeared). The company that makes the software that we are running reports against said that we made a report that corrupted the data base. I believe they are just trying to pass the buck. SO NOW our management has me using CR on a backup of the database and all the reports I run are for the previous day's backup. I would like to be able to convince my company that a report can not alter the database.
Thanks for your help!!
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 7:32am
Normally Crystal cannot update an database.  But after reading a number of posts, it might be possible with using a Command query or a stored procedure.  I have never tried myself.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum