| Author |
Message |
jjcyeshua
Newbie
Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
|

Topic: Group Name Missing Posted: 04 Jan 2008 at 10:52am |
|
Hi I was just wondering if anyone has encountered this kind of problem before. I created a group and at first the all of the group name are showing. but for some reason one of the data group name mysteriously disappeared. It has data and the name of the group is still listed on the left pane. So at least i know that the report acknowledge that the group still exist, except that the name is missing. I created a formula to force the name out, but it didn't work... help anyone... Thanks
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
Lugh
Senior Member
Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
|

Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 4:23am |
|
Do you have any kind of suppression on any of the relevant fields or sections?
If you add the grouped field to the detail records, does it display?
Is there anything unusual about this value, compared to the rest of the groups? E.g., it starts with a number, it contains a character that is not a letter or number, it is the longest value.
|
IP Logged |
|
jjcyeshua
Newbie
Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
|

Posted: 07 Jan 2008 at 1:54pm |
|
I do have a suppression working, but its not related to the groupings. And yes it shows up when i added the grouped field to detail records, and there seems to be no unusual data showing up... So basically the group name seems to be working under Group Footer and Detail, but not in Group header
|
IP Logged |
|
Lugh
Senior Member
Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
|

Posted: 08 Jan 2008 at 4:08am |
|
I'm afraid that I'm at a total loss here. My only suggestion would be to start deleting items from your group header and recreating them until you can narrow down the cause of the odd behavior. I can't think of any common problem off-hand that would be causing this.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|