Joined: 18 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Topic: How to remove (redact) names Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 11:45am
Hi folks, I hope this is a simple solution. I've look in the manuals and googled for the solution and I could not find what I was looking for. Here is my situation. I have a note field in the SQL database that has multiple sentences. However, at the end of each sentences there will be a "[user_name]" without quotes. I would like to be able to trim out the user_name on the report. How do I do this?
I appreciate your time and effort on this matter.
We are trying to create a media report, but do not want to give out to the public the user names.
Joined: 18 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:50pm
Let me rephrase the issue, here is an example of the note field content: White male subject was last seen wearing blue pants, white shirt with a baseball cap. [KEWLRAY]
So, I need to redact the word between the brackets inside the note field. I thought TRIM would work, but I do not see any solutions on the net for that. The bracket is just a stamp to track users who enters descriptive notes. It is not a field itself.
Joined: 18 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 4:39am
Kevlray - I tried your solutions and it works for 1 character, however I need to be able to replace all the characters between the two brackets "[" and "]".
Ex: White male subject, wearing blue pants, white shirt last seen on Main street. [10/01/13 10:37:25 Joe Smith]
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum