| Author |
Message |
JeffGeorge
Newbie
Joined: 11 Sep 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
|

Topic: Report Templates Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:33am |
|
Is there a way to see which template was selected as the base for a report? I chose a template for a report I created and then customized some text settings, etc. However, now when I want to make more reports I can't seem to get the same base look.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
Sastry
Moderator
Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
|

Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 1:56am |
|
Hi
You are talking about standard formating in a report ? or
You want to save same look for all your reports ?
Font and rest of the information can be fixed using File-Options
If you want to create your own Template, then create a blank report and go in Insert menu-- Template Field Object
insert all your formatings and design and save this as your template (.rpt)
Now you create a report and go in Report Menu--Template Expert and Browse --select your template.
This will change the format or look
|
|
Thanks,
Sastry
|
IP Logged |
|
JeffGeorge
Newbie
Joined: 11 Sep 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
|

Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 4:14am |
|
Here's what I did:
I created a report. I applied a template to it from the Crystal Reports template expert. However, I don't remember what template it is. I've tried applying all the various templates available to a new report I created but none of them look like the first report. I checked all the font information through the File | Options and everything is the same. However, the first report has shading and formatting that was applied by the template that I can't duplicate on the second report. I will attempt to get some screen prints to make it easier to understand.
|
IP Logged |
|
JeffGeorge
Newbie
Joined: 11 Sep 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
|

Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 4:21am |
These two screenshots show the different appearances of my reports. I want the second to look like the first but I can't see anyone of doing that.
http://home.comcast.net/~jeffreymgeorge/CrystalScreen1.png
http://home.comcast.net/~jeffreymgeorge/CrystalScreen2.pngEdited by JeffGeorge - 26 Sep 2013 at 4:24am
|
IP Logged |
|
Sastry
Moderator
Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
|

Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 6:14am |
|
HI
Do the following open the report which had proper template.
Save that report with a different name
Now open 2nd report which required to change template
Go in Report Menu--Template Expert --Browse and select your first report name (changed name)
It will now apply the template formatting.
You can also apply same formatting for your future reports
-Sastry
|
|
Thanks,
Sastry
|
IP Logged |
|
JeffGeorge
Newbie
Joined: 11 Sep 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
|

Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 7:16am |
|
Hi, Sastry.
I followed your instructions and it didn't work for me. When I selected the renamed report as the template and the preview looked correct, but when I applied the template the report doesn't change other than to add a Business Objects logo. I determined that the template I was using for the original report was Gray Scale and the same thing happens when I try to apply that template to the new report. Does the report require something before the coloring of the template applies itself, or is there a way to manually add the row coloring and stuff like I have in the first report?
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|