Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: pulling numbers from current check date Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bwsanders
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 05 Sep 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 177
Quote bwsanders Replybullet Topic: pulling numbers from current check date
     Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 3:06am
I have a 403B export report that I am working on that spans the current year to date. There are fields that require year to date numbers and fields that require current pay period numbers.

I am able to get the year to date numbers with no problem but for my current pay period I am returning all zero's. It's like it's not evaluating the check date at all and just going with zero.

Here is my formula for current deduction amount.

If {T1.checkdate} = Maximum({T2.checkdate}, {Employee.ssn}) AND {EmployeeLabor.detcode} = "403B" Then
SUM({EmployeeLabor.amount}, {Employee.ssn})

Maybe I'm missing something or not thinking things through.

Any help would be awesome!

Thank you!

IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 6:21am
HI

Check what date it is pulling for Maximum({T2.checkdate}, {Employee.ssn})

The above one picks up only maximum date not a range values.

Also open the formula editor and on top of formula editor there is a drop down with Exception for Null, change this to default values for nulls and save the formula

Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
bwsanders
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 05 Sep 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 177
Quote bwsanders Replybullet Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 6:39am
maximum({T2.checkdate}, {Employee.ssn}) pulls the most recent checkdate and I have the report to use default values on a ll null fields. not sure why it's not working. 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum