| Author |
Message |
syndrome
Newbie
Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
|

Topic: Personalized group name Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 7:28pm |
|
I have 2 groups that I want to display, that are recognizable by a database field called "session", that is a number. These numbers are sequentially and every time differente (for example 15 and 16, or 2512 and 2513, etc).
Now I want to separate it in 2 groups, but I don't want to show the number but only FIRST for the first group and SECOND for the second group.
How can I do this?
I tryed to set a variable and in the group name control if the variable is 0 write "FIRST" (and then increases the variable) otherwise write "SECOND", but it doesn't work, it write 2 times FIRST or 2 times SECOND (in dependence of the changes I made).
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
Gurbs
Senior Member
Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 216
|

Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 1:18am |
|
what are the actual numbers? if the numbers are actually like 15 and 2512, you could create a formula like this:
if {table.session} < 2000 //(take a number that suits you)
then 'FIRST' else 'SECOND'
then use that formula to group your report on.
|
IP Logged |
|
Sastry
Moderator
Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
|

Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 6:33am |
|
HI
As per my understanding, you have a session field which consist of numbers (even and odd numbers ex: 15,16) so, you want all even number in first group and all odd number in second group right ?
if So, use below formula :
if {Session} Mod 2 = 0 then "FRIST"
Else "SECOND"
|
|
Thanks,
Sastry
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|