Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Loosing my Suppress when in text box Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Minco
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Quote Minco Replybullet Topic: Loosing my Suppress when in text box
     Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 8:20am
I have a date field, a step field, a notes field and comment field.
 
The table in the date field uses 1/1/1753 until the user fills in the next date with updated comments and notes.
 
I have suppressed the date field with currentfieldvalue=date(1753,1,1) and it's been working great. I've also formated the date field so if it is more than 30 days old from today's date and there is no 1/1/1753 in the next date field (no next comment) that the font is in red. This basically says that the last contact on this person is over 30 days old so someone needs to call him.
 
I have created a text box and I'm putting all the fields into the text box so the comments run together, the date is followed by a colon, the two comments are separated with a comma, etc.....
 
The problem is, when I put the date fields into the text box, the suppress formula gets removed from the field.
 
Is there a way to get around this and keep the supress formula working in the text box?
Be kind to those less fortunate.
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 8:45am
not sure why it is doing that
try using formula instead of putting fields into a text box like

totext(datefieldvalue) + "; " + otherfieldvalue + ", "...
IP IP Logged
Minco
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Quote Minco Replybullet Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 10:01am
I'm afraid that didn't work. And, I lost the date format of 9/17/13 and it reverted to the default Date & Time format.
Be kind to those less fortunate.
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 10:21am
if this is the only problem
" I lost the date format of 9/17/13 and it reverted to the default Date & Time format."
just change it to
totext(datefieldvalue,"MM/dd/yy") + "; " + otherfieldvalue + ", "...
IP IP Logged
Minco
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Quote Minco Replybullet Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 11:10am
Well, my bigger problem is that I have lost the suppression formula when I put the date field into the text box and when used in the formula field.
Be kind to those less fortunate.
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 11:19am
are you using your suppression formula just for 1 field? 
IP IP Logged
Minco
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Quote Minco Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 3:27am
There are 14 date fields that I have the suppression formula on.
Be kind to those less fortunate.
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 6:22am
i see two option
1 to suppress the whole textbox
2 is to write each date as a formula like
if condition then "" else totext(datefieldvalue,"MM/dd/yy")
IP IP Logged
Minco
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Quote Minco Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 8:06am
I tried option 2 and it is working! I'll test option 1 but since all 14 dates and the other comments are in 1 big text box, I can't suppress the whole text box. Option 2 should do it!
 
Thanks much!
Be kind to those less fortunate.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum