| Author |
Message |
ChrisG
Newbie
Joined: 12 Mar 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20
|

Topic: Suppress Details via GH Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 1:17am |
|
Hi, I have a report in which I have placed product details into the Group Header. I have then placed certain fields in the detail section below it.
These details can come up with 2 or more records per group. I want to be able to suppress the details section when there is only 1 record in the group and be able to show all the details when there is 2 returned records per group.
Cheers
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
kostya1122
Senior Member
Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
|

Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 6:26am |
|
you could try group selection expert place something like count(recors,group)>1
|
IP Logged |
|
ChrisG
Newbie
Joined: 12 Mar 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20
|

Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 6:35am |
|
Hi Kostya, Thanks for the reply. Tried that but no luck. Any other suggestions?
|
IP Logged |
|
kostya1122
Senior Member
Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
|

Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 6:47am |
|
maybe distinctcount(recors,group)>1
|
IP Logged |
|
ChrisG
Newbie
Joined: 12 Mar 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20
|

Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 10:42pm |
|
I tried that but was getting an error message with the group. I have created a group count instead that counts the records instead. What would be the suppression formula to suppress it if the group =1 but show all the details in the next group if it was >= 1.
Example: Group Header: Product 1 Details: Cost $200 ------------------Suppress.
Group Header: Product 2 Details: Cost $50 Details: Cost $75 --------------------Don't suppress both lines.
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 5:21am |
Kostya is giving you sound advice and a sound process.
Are you conditinally showing the records in the detail section beyond the "count" you want to do? Is this only a row based count or are there columns inside one row involved in your 'count'? Edited by DBlank - 19 Sep 2013 at 5:21am
|
IP Logged |
|
ChrisG
Newbie
Joined: 12 Mar 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20
|

Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 10:13am |
|
I'm not doubting the process that Kostya is giving me, i'm doubting my application of it and do appreciate the help. As I said, i tried what was advised and got an error message of 'This field cannot be used as a group condition field'. The formula i used was: count({PORel.JobNum}, GroupName ({PODetail.POLine})) > 1.
Basically, its a row based count that I did based on a field. I can suppress the 1st record but when it if there is one record returned per group, I want to suppress it but if there is more than 1 I don't want to suppress it.
|
IP Logged |
|
kostya1122
Senior Member
Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
|

Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 11:10am |
|
first make sure you grouped on {PODetail.POLine} then try this instead count({PORel.JobNum}, {PODetail.POLine}) > 1
|
IP Logged |
|
ChrisG
Newbie
Joined: 12 Mar 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20
|

Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 10:59pm |
|
Hi Kostya, Had to tweak the code slightly but it works a treat now. Good suggestion about the Group Expert. Thanks for the help.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|