Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: complex report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bwsanders
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 05 Sep 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 177
Quote bwsanders Replybullet Topic: complex report
     Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 6:51am
I have a report that will show a summary of info to clients and I'm working on getting my employee section to work properly.

what I'm looking to do is split the report right down the middle.

On the left I want to show any employee who has been terminated in the last 30 days then show only distinct counts of employee id for those termed in the last 60 days and the last 90 days. Fore example:
employee   | ID | term Date    | 60 days| 90 Days
John Smith | 92 | 09/01/2013 | 10        |  25

On the right I want to show any employee who have anniversaries for the current month. Showing their name and id along with their hire date and length of service.

I have the right side done and what I have done is put a field in my report called AnnSort that any record where the hire date month = current month = 1 else 0 and then I call AnnSort in my group select as AnnSort = 1.

This works awesomely but I can't seem to get both of these sections together in 1 report. I know it's a little complex and I hope that I'm writing this out clearly.

Does anyone out there have any ideas or theories that will work.
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 8:41am
i might be missing something, but i would try
something like
you group on id(i assume)
columns
employee  
ID
term Date 
60 days  distinctcount((currentdate - term Date) <60 then id)(might need 2 formulas
90 Days similar to  60 days
right side
employee >>formula (if month(hire date) = month(currentdate) then employee   else "")
similar formula for other field on the right side


IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum