Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Create Group Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Mike53
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Sep 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Mike53 Replybullet Topic: Create Group
     Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 7:35am
I've created a formula the result of which I want to group selected records.  I don't see my formula in the available fields in the group expert dialog box.  I have inserted the formula field into the report but I can't get the name to appear in the list.  What do I have to do to get the formula name into the group expert box? Thanks.
IP IP Logged
praveeng
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 165
Quote praveeng Replybullet Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 7:59am
Hi,
 
Add whileReadingRecords;
in the formula, then you can able to view the respective formula in the Group Expert.
 
--Praveen G
Praveen Guntuka,
praveen_guntuka@yahoo.com
IP IP Logged
praveeng
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 165
Quote praveeng Replybullet Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 8:03am
You might need to include 'whilereadingrecords;'  at the beginning to specify when the formula is to be evaluated. 
Groups are created during the whilereadingrecords phase,  and may need to be added.
 
--Praveen G
Praveen Guntuka,
praveen_guntuka@yahoo.com
IP IP Logged
Mike53
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Sep 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Mike53 Replybullet Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 9:09am
Thank you.  That worked!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum