Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Totals on cross tab Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Benoit
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Sep 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Benoit Replybullet Topic: Totals on cross tab
     Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 11:34pm
Hello,

I hope you will be able to help me on this one. I have spent few hours on this puzzle but I could find any solution to my problem.
As per our business requirement, I need to see in my report the totals by instrument (FX and FX forecast) as shown in the table below.

SCANNARO                 August             September     October
USD     FX FORECAST     Capex     0.00          0.00            0.00
          Forecast - Paym     -20,000,000.00     -14,700,000.00     -16,000,000.00
          Forecast - Rece     30,000,000.00     26,000,000.00     22,500,000.00
          Strategic Capex     0.00          0.00            0.00
          Total             10,000,000.00     11,300,000.00     6,500,000.00
     
        FX                 -9,500,000.00     -10,000,000.00     -5,000,000.00
          Total             -9,500,000.00     -10,000,000.00     -5,000,000.00


Now, I would like to get a percentage of hedging which can be defined by the following formula ((total fx) / (total fx_forecast) * 100) and add it at the bottom of my report. I am using a cross table at the moment because we need to have the month displayed as column to match our other reports' format.
That is the reason I cannot find a way to get the hedging percentage.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Ben
IP IP Logged
bwsanders
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 05 Sep 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 177
Quote bwsanders Replybullet Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 7:14am
I have had minimal success with cross tab reports. With that said maybe doing an excel or csv export would be a better fit. You can hard code your headers and then just line your formulas up so that they fall under the correct months.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more help.
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 8:55am
not sure if this will work
 FX FORECAST formula like
if SCANNARO in [FX FORECAST,Forecast - Paym...] then moneyfield else 0
FX formula
if SCANNARO = FX then moneyfield else 0
summary formula
(sum(FX formula)/sum( FX FORECAST formula))*100
place summary formula into crosstab.



you could do this by building each month column separately
group on what you need
create formula for each month like
month_1
if month(datefield) = 1 then moneyfield else 0 
create summary formula like
sum(month_1,group_name)

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum