Joined: 05 Sep 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 177
Topic: complex report Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 6:51am
I have a report that will show a summary of info to clients and I'm working on getting my employee section to work properly.
what I'm looking to do is split the report right down the middle.
On the left I want to show any employee who has been terminated in the last 30 days then show only distinct counts of employee id for those termed in the last 60 days and the last 90 days. Fore example: employee | ID | term Date | 60 days| 90 Days John Smith | 92 | 09/01/2013 | 10 | 25
On the right I want to show any employee who have anniversaries for the current month. Showing their name and id along with their hire date and length of service.
I have the right side done and what I have done is put a field in my report called AnnSort that any record where the hire date month = current month = 1 else 0 and then I call AnnSort in my group select as AnnSort = 1.
This works awesomely but I can't seem to get both of these sections together in 1 report. I know it's a little complex and I hope that I'm writing this out clearly.
Does anyone out there have any ideas or theories that will work.
Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 8:41am
i might be missing something, but i would try something like you group on id(i assume) columns employee ID term Date 60 days distinctcount((currentdate - term Date) <60 then id)(might need 2 formulas 90 Days similar to 60 days right side employee >>formula (if month(hire date) = month(currentdate) then employee else "") similar formula for other field on the right side
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum