Joined: 13 Sep 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Topic: Selecting Data by user defined group Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 9:47am
Hello,
I am trying to create a report where the user can set a parameter for a "team" and then the report will only pull orders created by that team. The team name is not in the database, so I need the report to create the grouping.
I am very new to crystal reports so I may be missing something obvious. I have tried using if then statements in formulas to translate the parameter choice, but it is in an array format and does not like to compare to the text of the person's name. I also created groups, but I can't find any way to apply those groupings to formulas or in the select expert.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 11:52am
If i understand you corerctly you may also consider making a static parameter where you can set the value to = your DB code and the description to = your user team names (basically just translate the code to a name)
The description is then just part of the param for the report run but your select statment
table.teamcode=?param
will only use the numeric portion of the param in the select
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum