Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Field Object Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
JoeM
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Location: Malta
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote JoeM Replybullet Topic: Field Object
     Posted: 03 Jan 2008 at 8:40am

I have a sales invoice report with a balance at the end. I want to create a new field object to convert the balance into another currency and leave the two values showing on the invoice.

Simple task!
 
So I used insert new field object and another @balance was created. Edit Field object and I've put " / 2.33" which is the Rate of exchange. It works fine but both fields have been updated. I want to leave one field with the actual balance and the new one with the amount divided by 2.33.

Any clue please.

Thanks a lot.

RegardsJoe.

IP IP Logged
Lugh
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Quote Lugh Replybullet Posted: 03 Jan 2008 at 11:01am
Do you have one or two @balance formulas in your report?  You should have two.  I'm suspecting that what you did was simply add the original @balance formula to your report a second time, then edited the original formula.  You should instead create a formula, say @convertbalance, that would look like:

@balance/2.33

Then, put both @balance and @convertbalance on your report.


IP IP Logged
JoeM
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Location: Malta
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote JoeM Replybullet Posted: 03 Jan 2008 at 11:08am
Infact that's what I did, I added the original @balance to my report a second time.
I only want to show the balance of the invoice in another currency since we joined the EURO this year.
So will you please enlighten me as to how to create a formula like you mentioned.
Thanks a lot.
IP IP Logged
Lugh
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Quote Lugh Replybullet Posted: 03 Jan 2008 at 11:39am
Open your Field Explorer.
Right click on Formula Fields.
Select New.
Give your formula a name.
Enter the text, as described above.
Click Save and Close.

Now, from Field Explorer, add the new formula field to your report.
IP IP Logged
JoeM
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Location: Malta
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote JoeM Replybullet Posted: 03 Jan 2008 at 2:15pm

Thanks a lot, It's now done.

Your help has been very much appreciated.

 

Regards

Joe

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum